We are a WaterFurnace Dealer
THE BENEFITS OF GEOTHERMAL
Hot Water Assist
+ Also provide hot water for your home
Typically Require Less Maintenance
+ All equipment is indoors not exposed to the weather
+ No more boilers, oil, and seasonal shutdowns and startups
Safer, Cleaner, and Quieter
+ Use sustainable energy
+ Reduce fossil fuel consumption & greenhouse gasses
Geothermal for Baltimore and Southern Maryland
Get a Quote For Your Project Now!
All-Air Systems performs several geothermal services
Installations & Replacements
The Most Energy Efficient Way to Heat and Cool Your Home
According to the U.S. Dept. of Energy, geothermal is the most efficient form of heating and cooling:1
- Geothermal can reduce energy consumption anywhere between 25% to 50% compared to air-source heat pump systems.
- Geothermal heat pumps reach high efficiencies (which = lower electricity bills):
- In Heating – up to 300%-600% efficient over traditional air source heat pumps even on the coldest of winter nights. This is due to the fact that they do not have an outdoor unit, but instead rely on the consistent ground temperature to heat your home (which in this region is typically 55F year round). For every 1 unit of electricity consumed, the geothermal system is able to produce 4 or more units of heat for your home. Due to their relative inefficiencies, traditional air source systems cannot achieve these levels of comparative heating outputs. As a result, they must run longer and harder while at lower efficiencies costing you more money and in turn never achieving the comfort you seek.
- In Cooling – geothermal systems are rated in EER when it comes to cooling efficiency ratings. EER rates a system on how well it can perform when it is 95F outside. Air source heat pumps are rated in SEER. That rating is based on how well they perform over the span of the cooling season when you will have less than 95F outside temperatures most of the time. But, in terms of comparison, using the simple conversion formula of EER to SEER (EER = 0.875 × SEER), geothermal ground source systems on average can reach 40 to 50 SEER! Even the highest efficiency air source heat pump systems with outdoor units only reach up to 24 SEER.
- Side-by-side comparisons – the Trane 21 SEER 3 ton variable speed compressor air-to-air ducted heat pump only has a 13.5 EER. The 1 ton Daikin RXG ductless wall mount mini split is rated at 25 SEER, but only carriers a 14 EER rating.
- The 7 series WaterFurnace geothermal system boasts a whopping 43.5 EER.
Geothermal ground source heat pumps do not depend on the the outside air and fluctuations in air temperatures in the winter, so they have shorter run times, do not rely so heavily on expensive backup electric heat, work under less stress, and therefore operate at increased efficiencies. This provides lower electricity consumption while at the same time actually improving indoor comfort by reducing indoor temperature swings.
Geothermal is such an energy efficient renewable source for heating and cooling that the government offers generous financial incentives that pay for the system.
Ground Loops for Geothermal
Will my yard work for geothermal?
There are several ways to install the ground loop. One method is by installing the loop horizontally. Horizontal loops are not deep, but require more yard square footage.
Another method is installing vertical loops. These loops require less square footage and are drilled down to nearly 300 feet.
Installation of the Ground Loop into your home
For either method, the ground loop is brought into the house below grade. The loop is filled with a water and an anti-freezing agent, while the air is vented out.
The geothermal heating and air conditioning equipment is then installed inside the home, either in the basement or in another designated area.
WaterFurnace is an industry leader in the Geothermal equipment market. They have a long history of engineering and producing geothermal heating and air conditioning equipment.
In fact, the engineers at WaterFurnace stay at the cutting edge of new technology and design. The equipment is leading the industry with new innovations that make the system operate more efficiently and last longer.
WaterFurnace equipment is tried and true and has proven itself to customers and heating and air conditioning contractors.